Ioneer USA Corporation is seeking candidates for the Environmental Engineer position to work on the Rhyolite Ridge lithium-boron mining project.
This opportunity would allow the candidate to start at the ground floor of an integral mining operation and help to build and develop this project from its early stages. Ideal candidates will have experience in Nevada environmental permitting and compliance.
Ioneer is the 100% owner of the Rhyolite Ridge Lithium-Boron Project located in Esmeralda County, Nevada. The Rhyolite Ridge Project is a world-class Lithium and Boron Project that is expected to become a globally significant, long-life, low-cost source of lithium and boron vital to a sustainable future.
This position will be expected perform a variety of technical work associated with the processing of the Rhyolite Ridge federal and state permits as well as serving as a positive company representative in the Fish Lake Valley (FLV) area. Ioneer is committed to the communities in which it operates and plans to develop resources for a sustainable future in a manner that protects the environment and the safety of all involved. As the project moves through permit approvals and into construction and toward operational start-up, the focus of the role will be to support the establishment of standard environmental operating procedures.
- Coordinating and executing required compliance with environmental permits, amendments and/or revisions.
- Working in conjunction with environmental consulting organizations to prepare various studies, be aware of current status, approve quality of work, as well as provide support to the consultants to ensure quality, budgetary, and deadline needs are met.
- Collect environmental samples and data.
- Analyze laboratory data QA results.
- Create and maintains environmental training plans and training course for employees, contractors as well as site visitors.
- Availability for periodic after hours on-call response to environmental incidents as needed.
- Ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet, or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Mine Engineering, Ecology or related field required.
- Five (5) years direct experience in environmental compliance at a mine/quarry preferably in Nevada.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Programs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Water sampling experience preferred.
- Hazwoper, RCRA and DOT certifications for waste inspections and disposal preferred.
- Air Quality experience with Class II Operating Permits.
- Experience in NEPA, Land Management Programs, Title V, and RCRA required.
- Experience with project management (contracting and oversight) required.
- Attention and commitment to safety, sustainability, and the environment.